Turkey is a transcontinental country positioned on the peninsula of Anatolia in Western Asia, and the distance between the US-Turkey is almost 10175 km.
If your loved someone lives in Turkey and you want to contact them, what would be the right options for you? This is where our guide comes in to help you out!
Because you’re now going to learn how to call Turkey from USA, here we have shared some cheap methods and free methods that you can follow to call someone in Turkey.
At the end of the guide, we’ll also highlight some noticeable points and tips, and we’ll suggest you read this entire post because it can give enough information about this topic.
Let’s get started!
How To Call Turkey From USA
You can follow two major paths to make an international call in Turkey from the US. Either you have to use your cell phone/landline or use your smartphone to download some internet-based calling apps to make a call.
Although you may notice some third-party companies who can offer you VOIP service, these types of services are not legal in some countries, so we’ll tell you that try to avoid them and follow our shared guides.
What do You need To Know To Make a Call in Turkey From The USA?
You’re not calling a person within your country, you’re going to call another country, meaning an international call, so you have to follow some required steps and need to know some pieces of information.
The information will be needed like your country code, Turkey country code, one of the area codes in Turkey, a proper international calling format, and the local phone number of that person you’re going to call.
Since you’re from the USA, you may already know what’s the country exit code of your country (001) and the Turkey exit code is (90), and you have also to find out a Turkey area code,
There are many cities in Turkey, and each of these cities has one specific area code, so first, you have to make sure which city you want to call in that country and find out the area code of that particular city.
Once you find the area code, you can move forward.
Making International Call in Turkey From The USA (Via Telephone):
- Open your telephone system and go to the dial pad.
- First, dial the US exit code (001)
- Dial Turkey exit (90) code after 001
- Then dial the area code (the area code is only required when you call from your telephone system)
- Dial the telephone number of the person in Turkey after the area code
- If everything goes well, press the calling button and wait until the call gets connected with your loved person’s telephone.
How to Call Turkey from USA (Via Mobile Phone)
The procedures are almost the same as the telephone system, and one thing is a little bit different, here’s the thing:
- Open your mobile and go to the dial pad
- Dial the US country code
- Dial Turkey exit code
- You don’t need to dial any area code when you try to call from your mobile
- Next, directly dial the local phone number of the person after the Turkey exit code
- And that’s it, call and enjoy!
Note: if the phone number starts with 0, you have to drop that “0” number only from the whole number because 0 is not used in any international calls.
Alternative and Free Ways of Calling in Turkey From The USA:
Apart from using your mobile or telephone, you can get help from other platforms. Since there are many options available in the market, and most of them are free to use, it can be a little tricky to pick the best platform along with them.
With this in mind, we have researched a lot and found two alternative and most popular free and cheap international calling apps that you can install on your smartphone and smoothly use!
The first one is the Textnow app, and the second one is Viber, although these two apps also offer their paid service that will allow you to make an international call to any local phone number or landline.
However, we’re going to show you how you can use the Textnow free service instead of the paid services, and finally, you’ll be surprised to know how easy it is to use the paid service of the Viber app the call rate is cheap.
TextNow: Founded in 2009, and is one of the fastest-growing free international calling and messaging apps used by millions of users. Like other apps, it allows users to make high-quality audio and video calls.
You can also send images, text messages, emojis to anyone you want worldwide, and everything is free to use. You just need to have a good internet connection. The rest of the work will handle the app itself smoothly.
Here’s how to call:
- Download the app from the play store if you’re an android user and IOS user, download the app from the Apple Store
- Save the recipient’s number on your phone, and ask the recipient to save your number too on his phone
- Create an account (do the same thing, you and your recipient)
- Once both of you have created the account, you and your recipient will be able to see the name of each other
- So click on the name and click on the video calling icon and start enjoying the call
Viber: like the Textnow app, it offers a free option to call, but this app also gives the ability to make an international call to any local mobile number.
To call, you have to buy credit packages or a calling plan to get the most immeasurable rates per minute to Turkey.
Here are the steps:
- Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple user? Download the app from Apple Store Here
- Create an account and buy some credits on your account
- Go to the dial pad and dial +90, and dial the local number in Turkey
- Press the calling icon and start the conversation
Turkey is far from the United States, so using a low-quality app or a bad method can lead to bad experiences, and this is where we recommend reading our guide on how to call Turkey from USA.
Hopefully, the entire guide was enough to educate you on using some of the quick and easy methods to make an international call.