As you know, Both countries are part of the North American Numbering Plan. So calling Jamaica from US is not a complicated job!
Read the complete guide on how to call Jamaica from USA and also know some of the useful tips on saving time and money while connecting an international number.
The entire procedure of calling Jamaica from the United States is carefully shared in this post, so don’t close the page until you get the full guide and make a successful call.
How To Call Jamaica From USA?
Since Jamaica and the United States are part of NANP, and all North American Numbering plan countries have country code 1, you don’t need to know many things for a successful call.
If you’re going to call a landline number in Jamaica from the US, you have to follow the format below:
- First, dial the NANP country code (1) in your phone’s dial pad.
- Then, type the three digits of area codes.
- After the area code based on your recipient’s city or location, you have to enter the seven-digits landline numbers.
The final look should be 1 + 3-digits area codes + 7-digits landline numbers.
On the other hand, if someone would like to make a connection with a mobile number in jamaica from the US, they should follow the international landline calling format:
Note: There is a little difference between calling a mobile number and a landline number.
- The first code you will need to dial is the US exit code on your mobile (011).
- Then, enter the 3-digits area codes (876 n 658 are the local area codes of Jamaica). So ask your receiver about the code and know the right code to use while making the call.
- In the final step, you have to dial the landline number.
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Call In Jamaica From Us?
International calling is always a costly matter, and at the same time, the question is subjective too. One of the good ways to know the actual rate of an intentional call is by asking your service provider or searching online.
Sometimes service providers can send you their plans on international calls. So look at your inbox. If this has not happened with you, consider directly connecting the provider to know the rate.
If your service provider is widely popular, you may be able to see the plans and rates on their websites or social media pages.
Should I Check The Time Difference Before Calling Jamaica From US?
As mentioned, Jamaica and the US are part of NANP, so there is no massive time difference between both countries. You can check the current time in your state and send a call at any time by asking your recipient.
Can I Save Money While Making a Call-In Jamaica From the United States?
Saving money while making an international call is now a matter of time. However, the shared method is not the way we’re currently talking about. The traditional method will cost a lot.
The only way to save money is by using some internet-powered third-party apps and services.
Notes: you can save money in two ways, either using an app or a VoIP service.
VoIP services are cheap, and anyone can use them after knowing a little bit about them. One of the main advantages of using such a service is that your recipient will not need to have the same app to send the call.
Your recipient will be able to receive the call directly on their cell phone because VoIP will give you a random number while sending the call.
The process of using a VoIP service is:
- Install their app or go to their website.
- Create an account, and set the profile.
- Purchase some credits or buy an international calling plan.
- Dial the receiver number and send a call from a random number.
Some of the most popular VoIP service providers are:
On the other hand, when it comes to selecting the best free and easy-to-use apps that will allow you to save money and time, WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype will come first in the list.
We know that you already know about the mentioned apps, and maybe you’re using one of the apps for your daily activities.
If not, try to consider using one of the apps and the same money while making either an international call or a local call as the same apps support both.
Which Is The Best App To Call Jamaica From Us?
There are endless apps in the market. All you need to do is select an app that can meet your requirements. Since you’re from the US and would like to reach Jamaica, you have to find an popular app in both locations, in the US and Jamaica.
According to our research, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are the services that are widely used in both countries, and we think picking one of these apps will be a great pick for your needs.
Note: You’ll not be able to reach your recipient until another person creates an account on the app. Ask the receiver to install the app and create an account.
Here’s how you can use WhatsApp for the call:
- First, install the app on your mobile. In addition to using WhatsApp on your phone, you can also use the web version and get almost the same benefits as on your phone. However, you have to install and create an account to use the web version on your phone.
- After installing WhatsApp, enter the basic data like phone number, profile photo, email address, and complete the profile.
- Now, close WhatsApp and open your phone’s dial pad to save your recipient’s number.
Remember, you can also save the number from the WhatsApp account. To do that,
- Open the app.
- Click on the message icon.
- Then, click on the “Add Contact” button to enter a new number.
- First, enter the country code of Jamaica, which is 1, and then dial the rest of the number, including the area codes.
- The rest of the fields are not required, so skip the options and click on the Save button.
- As soon as you save the number on your system, and if the saved number has an account on the WhatsApp database, the app will show you the account’s name and profile image automatically.
- Open the profile and make sure you have a good internet connection to make a high-quality call with your recipient for free.
Can I Use Viber Instead of Using WhatsApp?
WhatsApp and Viber are almost the same apps. The name is only different. So once you know how to use WhatsApp to call Jamaica from the US, you’ll be able to use Viber.
The process is the same.
- Install app,
- create an account using your mobile number,
- save the receiver number on your phone,
- open the number on the app to find the profile,
- and start an endless call.
There is a great relationship between the US and Jamaica. The calling process should not be quite complicated as both areas are part of the North American Numbering Plan.
Our shared guide on how to call Jamaica from USA will help you to select the most comfortable and easier options. The shared three methods are widely popular for international calls.
You’re always open to select a method that can meet your needs. If you don’t have enough balance on your cell phone, consider using an internet-based app, and consider the traditional method if you have enough balance.